We are a Home Design and Architectural social network.
Trendsideas.com connects you to home-related products, services and businesses, professionals, and users who can help you with ideas and solutions for your design projects.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect information that you provide us directly or automatically when you use or register to our site.
Of further note about the information we collect:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on Trendsideas.com, we collect your name and the contact information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on Trendsideas.com. When you do, your username, any photo you submit, and information you enter into the fields indicated for public display will be displayed publicly on the Trends website. You can customise some of the information displayed publicly in your Trendsideas.com profile by going to your account and profile settings. If you feel that an unauthorised account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, and profile information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Communications: When you join Trendsideas.com by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as permitted by law, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about Trends. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. Additionally, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third parties within the Site, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the Site. If you exchange messages with others through the Site, in accordance with applicable law, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site. Trendsideas.com may also enable you to connect, at your initiation, outside the Site via your personal email address to third-party providers of products and services who you wish to contact outside of the Site.
- Transactional Information: If you purchase products within the Site, certain information collected for processing your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information, may be shared with relevant third parties in order for them to process your request (but not for their own marketing or other purposes). When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology and use commercially reasonable security measures to protect it from misuse.
- Site Activity/Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Linked Networks and Contacts: You can elect to connect your Trendsideas.com profile to another network like Facebook and, if you so choose, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contact information from that network to Trendsideas.com.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may opt-out of tracking by third parties for certain advertising purposes, as discussed below in the section entitled “Third Party Ad Networks,” which can help you control targeted advertising by third-parties that track your activities across sites.
Please note we do not change system behaviour within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
It may be possible to disable Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site.
Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfil your requests or authorized commercial transactions, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in the aggregate, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and businesses. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product. Business or professionals that participate on the Trendsideas.com network may also access usage data associated with your public profile. For example, a business can see that you, as identified by your public profile username, any profile photo, and any other publicly displayed profile identifiers (but not identified by your email or non-public account information), added their product to one of your collections on a particular date.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on Trendsideas.com (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of Trendsideas.com.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Questions and Dispute Resolution
If you have any questions or believe we have not satisfactorily addressed your data privacy rights related to Privacy Principles, please contact us with your concerns at email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
Last Updated June 2018.