Trends asked designer Richard Landry for more about this impressive kitchen and bar.
1. Where in the house is the kitchen positioned?
On the Main Level, view side of the house away from the street
2. What are the spaces that it connects with?
The kitchen is open to a family room/ TV area and adjacent to the dining room.
3. Does the kitchen design include a butlers/scullery? If so, where is it positioned?
There is a service pantry that is behind the kitchen and next to the dining room
4. This looks like a large sized kitchen – what are its dimensions, including the length of the island?
The kitchen is approx. 5.8m x 6.7m. The island is 4.9m long x 1.2m wide
5. What are the challenges of designing a kitchen of this size, and how were they overcome in this case?
Kitchen circulation, and appliance layout to create a good working triangle are always important considerations.
In this case the primary cooking is between the island and the back wall with under-counter refrigerators, storage drawers and ample prep area to allow for 2 cooks to work without guests being in the way.
Guests always hang out in the kitchen!