By Trends Publishing, 01 Dec 2011, 09:00:00
Technology and sustainability in an office setting
Environmentally sustainable design has pervaded every aspect of industry, influencing not only the way we do business, but also how we construct our businesses.
Conceived by AQRS The Building Company, The Altium is a commercial development made up of three main elements – a 22-storey Grade A office tower, a 12-storey SoVo-style office building and a 3-storey retail and food and beverage complex, says general manager Jerry Lau.
"The Altium represents a unique development concept that marries green design and technology to enhance the investment made by individuals and business owners in the rapidly developing business district within Petaling Jaya.
"The cornerstone of the development is The Prime, a high-rise, Grade A Green Building Index and MSC-compliant office tower. With a net area of 20,500m2, The Prime is to be sold on a floor-by-floor basis, with take-up by larger corporations expected due to its MSC compliant status."
The glazed facade of The Prime allows for a maximum penetration of natural light into the building, but has been treated to reduce harmful UV rays and to minimise solar gain. The Prime also includes a flexible air conditioning system to reduce power consumption and a rainwater harvesting system. Additionally, the multi-tiered security, CCTV surveillance and card access system secures the working environment throughout the day.
The CEO Suites, a 12-storey office building, has been designed with flexibility in mind, offering 138 independent suites ranging in size from approximately 60m2 to 100m2.
"Each of the office spaces in The CEO Suites is partially furnished, while the building itself features a complete array of amenities, including secretarial support, meeting rooms and a double-volume function hall. The recreational facilities at the roof top are a perfect place to unwind and relax at any time of the day," says Lau.
Rounding out the development is a retail component, known as The Pulse. Set amidst a canopy of trees, the garden-like setting of The Pulse makes it an ideal place for occupants and visitors to take time out and relax.
"The Altium is the shape of developments to come," says Lau. "It is about offering clients connectivity in an holistic sense – via technology, via face-to-face networking, and via connection to the environment."
For more information, contact AQRS The Building Company Sdn Bhd, G-58-1, Blok G, Jalan Teknologi 3/9, Bistari ‘DE' Kota, Kota Damansara, PJU 5, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. Tel: (603) 6141 8870. Fax: (603) 6141 8871. Or visit the website: www.aqrs.com.my.
- Owner Profile:Commercial Design – Asia
Other Civic design Stories
- Upmarket apartment with indoor-outdoor flow to large terrace
- Conversion of commercial tower to residential uses James Hardie products for high-quality, cost-effective finish
- 1980s office building transformed into luxury apartments
- Mass timber construction has proven benefits for commercial construction projects says architect Ian Jack
- Sydney housing development focusses on a green park and lake
- Revamped Havas Chicago interiors improve connectivity and the work environment
- Contemporary mixed-use building complex with linking glass atrium
- Sky Habitat takes innovative approach to city fringe residential design
- Contemporary new mixed-use building with exposed structural steel support
- Contemporary new Air New Zealand International Lounge offers multiple zones and views the runway
Latest Articles See more
- Contemporary new home replaces home demolished following Christchurch earthquake
- Home designed with two pavilions makes the most of lake and mountain views
- Industrial look bathroom combines rugged surfaces with minimalist aesthetic
- Light-filled kitchen remodel with glass-faced upper cabinets
- Smeg's new high-end dishwasher now has the revolutionary Planetarium spray arm
- Formal cabinet door style toned down by rustic design elements