Currently Viewing /
Browse by topic
and/or by category
Guidelines for advertising material
Your advertising must be professionally prepared by either a graphic
designer or through an advertising agency. Trends can provide creative
and graphic design solutions.
Brand advertisement specifications
Full Page Trim Size: 276mm deep x 210mm wide or 10 7/8” deep x 8 1/4” wide
Full Page Bleed Size: 286mm deep x 220mm wide or 11 1/4” deep x 8 5/8” wide
Double Page SpreadDouble Page Spread Trim Size: 276mm deep x 420mm wide or 10 7/8” deep x 16 1/2” wide
Double Page Spread Bleed Size: 286mm deep x 430mm wide or 11 1/4” deep x 16 7/8” wide
GatefoldGatefold Trim: 276mm deep x 407mm wide or 10 7/10” deep x 16” wide
Gatefold Back of Flap: 276mm deep x 197mm wide or 10 7/10” deep x 7 4/5” wide
As Trends is perfect-bound, double page spreads naturally cross the gutter. We
suggest that typesetting does not fall in the gutter area and that
words in headlines should not be broken in the gutter. If they are,
please allow an extra 10mm (2/5 ”) of space between letters in words
crossing the gutter – 5mm (1/5 ”) on each page.
is printed Web Offset so supplied materials must conform to our digital
specifications as listed below. If there are any variations you will be
asked to resupply material. At your request and where possible Trends
will make any necessary adjustments however additional charges will be
- Please supply working file, fonts and all links. We accept the
following applications: InDesign, Quark, Freehand, Illustrator and PDF.
* Note: we do not accept layouts in PSD, JPG, TIFF, Coreldraw, Word, Excel or PowerPoint formats.
- Links must be supplied in CMYK with 300DPI resolution, used no larger than 100%.
- Trends is printed using a CMYK/4-colour process. We do not accept finished artwork that contains RGB or spot colours.
- We do not accept PC Fonts. Please convert all fonts to outlines/paths and re-supply as an eps file.
- All OpenType fonts must be converted to paths.
- Supply your files on CD or via FTP. For information on our file
transfer (FTP) facility, please contact your Personal Consultant,
- All pages should allow for 5mm bleed on all sides.
- We do not accept landscape, single page advertisements.
- Compression - If you wish to compress your files we accept Stuffit.
- We do not accept prices on any media supplied.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY ADVERTISEMENTS WITHOUT A PRESS-APPROVED COLOUR PROOF
- You MUST supply a press-approved colour-correct proof of pages.
This proof must be generated from the final high resolution PDF not the
graphic application it was created in. Where laser only is supplied
this can only be used as a guide to the content/layout, not colour
reproduction. Hence, Trends will need to output a press-approved
colour-correct proof to verify colour is correct for reproduction and
CHARGE TO THE CLIENT. Where there is serious colour variance on the
digital proof versus the laser you will be contacted and made aware of
this prior to printing.
- All appropriate steps have been made to accomplish the best
possible reproduction within the printed product according to Trends
standards. Some colour variance may be seen in the final printed result.
Trends production and graphic design rates
- Colour Proof: $60 per A4 press approved colour-correct proof
- Minor text changes to supplied ads, such as phone number or address changes will incur a minimum charge of $75.00
- Any ads not supplied to Trends specifications outlined above, will be recreated by our design studio at a cost of $150 per hour.
- Concepts and design of brand advertisements will be charged at $150 per hour.
- Cloning or colour corrections will be charged at $100 per hour.
Supplying material for creative design provided by Trends
- Please refer to the photography specifications before supplying images.
- Supply logos in CMYK, EPS format.
- Supply all copy in digital format ie. Microsoft Word. Copywriting will be charged at $100 per hour, if required.
Any costs incurred prior to a cancellation will be charged accordingly.
As per all publications, our deadlines are not flexible.
If you miss these deadlines you risk being transferred to a future
publication. Many of our clients rely on the timing of our publications.
Trends reserves the right to reject any supplied material which does
not conform to Trends policies or material specifications. Should
material supplied for publication not comply to specification and not
be replaced prior to deadline, resulting in Trends having to make the
changes, you will be charged according to Trends production rates.